On this page, you’ll find all the information about what data we collect about our visitors and customers and how that data is used. We’ve described everything as clearly and concisely as possible and avoid legalese as much as possible, so that you can make sense of all this without needing a law degree.
We regularly review and, where necessary, update our privacy information. If we plan to use personal data for a new purpose, we update our privacy information and communicate the changes to individuals before starting any new processing.
Herbert Wirtz. Photographer.
What Data We Collect
Similar to other commercial Web sites, our Web site utilizes a standard technology called “cookies” (see explanation below, “What Are Cookies?”) and Web server logs to collect information about how our Web site is used. Information gathered through cookies and Web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Web site, and the Web sites visited just before and just after our Web site, your IP address.
What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a Web site, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each Web site can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a Web site to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
Here you can find out more about “What cookies we use in our products” .
Cookie Use for Retargeting
We may use Google Analytics and the DoubleClick advertising network as well as other advertising networks to display ads across the Internet, based on your visit to our website.
Third-party vendors, including Google, may show our ads on sites across the Internet. Our site and third-party vendors, use first-party cookies and third-party cookies together to inform, optimize and serve ads based on past visits and pages visited on this website.
Our site as well as third-party vendors may use third-party audience data to further optimize advertisements displayed.
IP addresses are used by your computer every time you are connected to the Internet. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer. IP addresses are automatically collected by our web server as part of demographic and profile data known as “traffic data” so that data (such as the Web pages you request) can be sent to you.
Data we Collect in More Detail
We’ve broken this down into sections to make it easy to understand what data we collect:
1. As a Visitor
You’re a “visitor” if you browse the thrivethemes.com website but don’t submit any personal information about yourself.
For example, if you visit this website and take a look through our blog content, our sales pages and knowledge base without signing up for anything, then you’re a visitor.
As a visitor, the website uses several third party services that act in order to provide you with a better experience and allow us to optimize our content.
The following third parties have limited access to some of your data:-
- We use Google analytics to gain an overview of how our site is being used, how to improve user experience, what content to create and similar decisions all focused on improving the experience for our visitors.
- We also integrate Google Analytics with Google Adwords so that we can measure the performance of our paid advertisements.
- We use Facebook conversion tracking to understand how our Facebook ads are performing.
- Affiliate tracking
- If you visit our site through a link of an affiliate of ours, then we track this information through a cookie so that the affiliate can be compensated for referring the sale.
- HotJar for heatmaps
- We send anonymous data to HotJar to understand how our visitors interact with certain pages in our site so that we can improve them.
- Social sharing tools
- Some of the content on the site includes social sharing widgets to quickly allow you to share content with your network. We currently use Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus. Some of these services gather data about you, if you are logged in to these social networks while visiting our website. Please see the privacy policies of the social networks for further information.
2. Signing Up to Our Newsletter
On this site, we display various forms that allow you to sign up to our newsletter. When you sign up through one of our forms, we’ll commonly ask you for the following data:-
- Email address
We’ll also collect the following:-
- Which form you filled out
- Referrer URL (the URL that you led you to the page that you signed up through)
- Your IP address
We store this data on our site for the following reasons:-
- Compliance – to keep a record of where our leads came from
- Testing – to optimize and improve the newsletter sign up forms that we display
- Relevance – we try not to show a form that you’ve already signed up for
The data that you submit is also added to a third party service called ActiveCampaign. This is a tool that we use to send email communications to you.
3. Contacting us through our Contact Form
If you want to contact us, you can use our contact form here.
When you send us a message through our contact form, a user account will be automatically created on our site.
When you submit a message to us, we keep the following data:-
- Email address
- First name
- Last name
- Content of any messages that you send to us
This allows our team to reply to the message that you’ve sent us through our support system.
You will never received marketing related messages by contacting us through our contact form unless it specifically relates to the message that you’ve sent us.
Please note that the message you send is private and only available to team members at Thrive Themes.
4. Signing Up as an Affiliate
Alpha-section operate an affiliate program. Registered affiliates can refer customers and receive a commission. This affiliate system operates independently of the processes described above.
To clarify: you won’t be signed up for our affiliate program unless you submit a request to do so. Each application is review manually. If your application is reviewed, we’ll add the data that you’ve provided to our system. The signup page for our affiliates is here.
We hold the following data about our affiliates:-
- First name
- Email address
- Company name
- Family name
- Date of signup
- Company tax ID
- Full Billing address
- Web site URL
- Paypal email address
- Description of how you promote alpha-section
- Yes/No as to whether you accept our terms and conditions
- YouTube channel (if applicable)
We hold this data for the following reasons:-
- Payouts – the PayPal email address, company details and personal details are needed to pay our affiliates and produce invoices
- Compliance – We need your YouTube channel URL, web site details and method of promotion so that we verify that the quality of referrals meet our criteria for eligibility.
We also manually add your name and email address to ActiveCampaign. This is an online tool that allows us to let you know about any updates to the program. For example, if we make a change to the commission levels, we’ll let you know about it through email.
As with all emails from us, you can opt out at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email.
We also store data about the referrals that you make as an affiliate. We’ll keep a traffic log of all the visitors that arrive through your affiliate link, all sales that you generate, and internal order numbers associated with those sales. This data is necessary to keep in order to track commissions and ensure that you’re rewarded for sales that you make.
Automated Decision Making From your Data
We have automated processes in place that are designed to improve the relevancy of the communication we send to you and the content on our site.
- If you’re a alpha-section member, we will send you a notification that you’re membership is due to expire 10 days before your renewal date.
- If you purchase a product from us, we will send you information to help you get up and running with the product that you’ve purchased
These rules are designed to enhance the experience and interactions that you have with alpha-section.
Your Right to Modify Your Data
You have the right to modify personal data that we hold about you. You can modify your data by logging into the alpha-section.com site and navigating to the “Account” page.
To change your details as an affiliate, you can log into your affiliate account and change your details here.
To change your email address that we send emails to, click on the “update details” link at the bottom of any email you receive from us.
If you’re having difficulties updating your data, let our support team know and we’ll make the change for you.
Your Right to View Your Data
You have the right to see the data that we store about you. To request a file containing all your data, let our support team know.
We will reply to your request within 12 hours and will provide you with a file to your email address as soon as we’ve gathered the data.
The data will be provided to you in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format for portability.
Your Right to Have your Data Deleted
You have the right to request that we delete data that we store about you.
- If you would like to stop receiving our email newsletter then you can click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any of our emails. This will unsubscribe you from any future communications. If, for some reason, this doesn’t work then let us know and we’ll remove you manually.
- If you would like your data to be removed from our affiliate program then you can send an email to affiliates[at]thrivethemes.com and we will action that request for you.
- If you would like to have your support forum posts deleted, you can log into your account and delete those manually by clicking on the “Edit” button underneath each thread. Alternatively, let us know and we’ll handle that for you.
We can also delete all of your data from all systems that we own and operate. This includes all of the above.
Please note that If you’ve purchased a product or membership from us we are obliged to keep a record of the purchase in both our own billing system and Taxamo. This will mean keeping a record of your billing address, contact details and purchase details. We do this to fulfill our obligations to the tax authorities and remain compliant.
- We don’t sell your data to any company for further processing, marketing, profiling or any other reason
- We integrate with certain third party services for the purpose of improving the overall user experience and to optimize certain business processes.
- Any data we hold about you, we do so for necessary and legitimate business reasons
- You can request to view, modify and delete any data that we hold about you.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
If you have any concerns or questions about anything in this policy, then let us know and we’ll get back to you shortly.